Grocer Shop - 149 Taieri Road
Photograph (K316) from family 35mm colour slide.
No.149 Taieri Road at corner of Wairoa Street - 1967 view.
The grocer shop proprietors in 1919 were John Vivian Garstang and Julia Eleanor Garstang, then the 1936, 1942, 1950 directories show George Hislop, storekeeper. After Hislops moved on, it was taken over by Frank and Jenny Greenhalgh and their adult son Francis.