George's Service Store Ltd - 49 Nairn Street
Photograph (K310) courtesy of Alan & Val George
Photograph (K312) courtesy of Alan & Val George
The shop entrance was eventually moved to the side of the shop and a ramp created for easier access for the older folk and young Mums with prams. Products for sale from a local nursery were able to be displayed along the side of the sloping ramp. The Georges owned the shop from about 1969 to 1974.
No.49 Nairn Street (number since changed).
1919 Ayers Alfd, traveller.
1936 & 1942 Butterfield Pearl Isobell, Mrs, fruit, dairy & confectioner.
1950 Hayward John, fruit, & confectioner.
Later owned by a Mr Baker till about 1969 when taken over by Georges.