Laurenson's Bakery

Roslyn

Dunedin breadmakers J.G.Laurenson & Son Ltd commenced business in 1891 and, operating
out of premises in Highgate, beside the
Roslyn township, remained under family ownership until sold to North's Bakery in 1987.
Source - Hocken Library

Any information on these photographs appreciated.

vans outside Laurensons shop
Delivery vans outside Laurensons early 1900s.
Vans are possibly Fords of 1926-27 vintage with wooden spoked wheels and split-rims.
Photograph (K326)

Laurensons Highgate shop
Laurensons Highgate shop about 1907.
Photograph (K325)
Rear view of Laurensons bakery
Rear view of Laurensons bakery.
Photograph (K327)
Laurensons new flour silo
Laurensons new flour silo arrives.
Photograph (K329)
Laurensons fleet
Laurensons delivery van fleet - in the 1950s?
Photograph (K333)

Laurensons bread de-panner
Bread depanner removing loaves from tins.
Photograph (K331)

Laurensons bread conveyor system
Bread conveyor system in operation.
Photograph (K332)

View 1896 Southland Times article on
Claim bread not stamped & deficient weight.

View 1901 Otago Witness article on
The price of bread - is the recent rise justified?