Roslyn Methodist Church

The Roslyn Wesleyans bought the Temperance Hall in Taieri Road around 1893 and converted the hall into a church.

Rev. R. Wilson who arrived in 1901 was the first resident minister. The Rev. T.A. Pybus was minister from 1915 to 1922 and it was during this time that the spire was added to the church.

The Dunedin West Union Parish was formed in 1968 after talks with the neighbouring Kaikorai Presbyterian Church this provided an extension of services to Brockville. This eventually led to a decision to close Roslyn Methodist and the last service was held on 1st February 1970. The church was subsequently demolished and the property sold.

Roslyn Methodist Church
Date of photograph unknown.
Roslyn Methodist Church demolition
Image is from a 35mm colour slide (K317) that was taken in 1971.

See also a photograph of Junior Christian Endeavour Roslyn Methodist Church c1923

Sunday School 1947
Methodist Sunday School Class - April 1947
Photograph K289

The only names that appeared on the reverse of this photo were:
Warren Duff, Heather Tyler, and Russell Turner.