Nairn Street - Taieri Road area c1900
This photograph would have been taken after 1900 when the Kaikorai cable cars commenced as the power house chimney is visible as are the cable car sheds. It was prior to 1907 as the new Kaikorai Presbyterian Church is not shown, just the 'T' shaped wooden church. Note the buildings on the Nairn Street edge of what was later to be the reserve area and the little shelter for cable car passengers to use (marked with arrow). Jellicoe Crescent curves round at the left of the picture.