Photograph (K117) - Click photo for 2006 view.
Early view of Roslyn area with Post Office at righthand side was officially opened in 1908 and D.Ross, Jeweller is shown next to it. James Patrick Dow, watchmaker, was in this building in 1919. The Roslyn Police Station was down an alley on the North side of the Post Office and next to that (in 1919 listing) shows Claude Vernon Inglis, Chemist. Roslyn Land Agency is on the left of the picture on the raised area which had several other businesses on it prior to the Stuart Street extension and overbridge being constructed in the early 1950s.
In c1920 the Salvation Army moved into the premises shown above as being occupied by the land agent.