1947 aerial view of KaikoraiOverlaid with coloured 'spots' showing shop locations - see legend below photograph.
|| Basically there are now none of these businesses operating in the area. The only original building currently occupied as a business is an art studio.
The only church remaining is the Kaikorai Presbyterian Church.
The Shoe Shop is gone, the hall in Nairn Street is gone and the original butcher shops in the area. There was also a News Agent, Book Shop, Cake Shop, and a number of Dairy/Confectioner shops among others.
So this then is progress! Alan Gilchrist
Sketch map showing shop locations and details of the various proprietors.
Shop photographs in the Kaikorai area in early years.