Kaikorai Cable Car passing Kaikorai Valley Road
Valley Road junction with cable car
Photograph (K230)
Cable car No.126 some time between 1939 and 1947 when this cable car service stopped.
Click on the photograph to switch to 2009 view of this location.
See Street Lists for more on street directory listings.

In 1942 the two-storey building in Kaikorai Valley Road (at left) housed the following:

 
  2   Gribben Leonard W, boot repr
 
      Pearce M F, Miss. toilet rooms
 
      Harraway Allan G, corpn empl
 
  4   McDowell W G, grocer
 
      McGregor Leslie, meat grader
 
      Watson Douglas A, labr
		

In 1950 to the righthand side of the cable car in Taieri Road it was:


 
  98      Nash Joseph Wm, butcher
 
          Gospel Hall
 
  102a    Allan Wm J, hairdrssr & tbccnst
 
  100-102 Fraser Fredk, (J.P.) bakery
 
          Kaikorai Reserve
 
          then Nairn st crosses